Electronics & Communication Engineering: Introduction, Course, Scope and Career
What is Electronics and communication engineering?
EC ENGINEERING IS THE STUDY OF:
· Television, radio, computers, telephone, automobiles, office machinery, household appliances, lifesaving medical equipments, space vehicle etc.
· ECE covers wide area of applications from small sensitive shoes satellites, simple calculator to super computers, microwave oven store missiles, mobile phones to medical electronics, automation in industries to electronics in automobiles etc.
· It involves Complex electronic Apparatus, circuits and equipments that helps in executing speedy and efficient telecommunication systems.
· It has a major role in improving productivity in industries like oil, energy, space, telecommunication, agriculture and so many other important sectors of economy.
· ECE deals with systems related to acquiring, communicating, manipulating and analysing information.
· ECE engineers design, fabricate, maintain, supervise and manufacture electronic equipments used in entertainment industry, computer industry, space industry, communication and defence.
· It helps us to see, here and communicate over vast distances and to do things faster.
What will you study in Electronics and communication engineering?
YOU WILL BE STUDYING FOLLOWING MAJOR SUBJECTS UNDER EC ENGINEERING:
· VLSI TECHNOLOGY:
VERY LARGE SCALE INTEGRATION (VLSI) is the process of creating an integrated circuit by combining thousands of transistors into a single chip.
· EMBEDDED SYSTEM;
An embedded system is a computer system with a dedicated function within a larger mechanical or electrical system, Orphan with real-time computing constraints. It is embedded as part of a complete device often including hardware and mechanical parts.
Embedded systems control many devices in common use today.
· OPTICAL COMMUNICATION:
An optical communication is communication at a distance using light to carry information.
It can be performed visually or by using electronic devices.
· WIRELESS COMMUNICATION:
Wireless communication is the transfer of information between two or more points that are not connected by an electrical conductor.
· SATELLITE COMMUNICATION:
a. Satellite Communications play a vital role in the Global telecommunication system.
b. Approximately 2000 artificial satellites orbiting Earth relay along the digital signals carrying voice, video and data to and from one or many locations worldwide.
· ANTENNA AND WAVE PROPAGATION:
An antenna or aerial is an electrical device which converts power into radio waves and vice versa.
It is usually used with the radio transmitter or radio receiver.
· IMAGE PROCESSING:
Image processing is any form of signal processing for which the input is an image, such as a photograph or video frame, the output of image processing may either be an image or a set of characteristics or parameters related to the image.
· RADAR AND NAVIGATIONAL AIDS:
1. The word radar is an abbreviation for radio detection and ranging.
2. Radar is an Electromagnetic systems used for detection and location of objects such as aircraft, ship, vehicles, people, natural environment etc.
3. Navigation is the process or activity of accurately approximating one's position and planning and following a route.
Why Electronics and communication engineering?
· The electronics and communication engineering is the most required in today's market because the demand of electronic devices in market are very high.
· Electronic devices becomes the part of human life because almost all the people are using mobile phones, laptop, tablets comma camera, refrigerator and many new technologies which have the most of electronic parts.
· Fresh graduates of electronics and communication engineering find quite good jobs in electronics and communication sectors.
· ECE engineers have plenty of career opportunities not only in the core areas of electronics and communication but also in allied areas like instrumentation, computer engineering, aeronautical engineering, mechatronics and biomedical etc.
· ECE graduates have unlimited opportunities in the field of mobile communication, Optical Fibre communication, satellite space programs, VLSI and embedded Technologies, consumer and entertainment devices etc. And entertainment devices etc.
Who should select Electronics and communication engineering as a career?
· Are you fascinated by today's technological Gadgets and enjoy learning how they work?
· Interested in circuit designing.
· Complex problem solving.
· Creativity and thinking skills.
· Good knowledge of Physics, Mathematics and designing skills.
· How to work in shift time.
· Teamwork attitude and mindset for hard work.
· Good at technical activities.
· Interested in modern technology.
· Like to be a part of an exciting and dynamic field that is the evolution of the future.
· For the innovative thinkers, the problem solver, the Explorer with an inquisitive mind, the electronic program is your journey to an exciting career.
Does Electronics and communication engineering have any scope after four years?
· BY CHOOSING ELECTRONICS, YOU ARE OPENING DOORS TO:
1. A rewarding and professional career with competitive pay.
2. A fulfilling career in an ever changing and expanding industry sector.
3. A domain that is always in demand for good technologies.
· ECE includes four main domains like embedded system, VLSI comma communication (telecom) and networking (hardware and software).
· Upon graduation, you can choose to work in a variety of Technical occupations related to computers and networks, Industrial Automation, and the telecommunication field.
· Among some of the available jobs, you may find yourself working in Telephone Company, satellite Communications, Aerospace, Research and test Laboratories, microelectronics centres and hospitals. With so many companies relying on technology today, the sky is the limit.
· EC includes lots of sectors like electronic circuit design, Signal Processing, wireless communication, optical communication, Robotics, embedded systems, analogue electronics, digital electronics, telecommunications, satellite communication, power electronics consumer electronics, solid state Physics, control systems, VLSI, defence, nanotechnology, mobile communication, Aeronautical, etc.
· Students’ reviews scope in public sector units, if they clear GATE examination, they may get direct interview call and placement in public sector units like ONGC, ISRO, DRDO, BHEL ECIL and BSNL.
· Giant companies hiring electronics and communication engineers are Texas Instruments, MBA, Sony, IBM, Intel, Cisco, Toshiba, Samsung, Nokia, Philips, HP, LG, Microsoft, Google, Wipro, HCL, syntel, Infosys, Videocon, Micromax, Idea, Vodafone , Airtel, jio,Hitachi, infochip, Nokia Siemens, motorola etc.
· EC engineer can design circuits for electronic control systems and instrumentation.
· EC engineer can program and operate computers for designing of software to assist with Complex calculations.
· They will work out on various types and arrangements of circuit parts and develop testing equipments and methods.
· Work out the type of installation, location, layout and transmission medium by assessing communication traffic and levels of service at installation.
· Research new applications of Technology.
· Girls have huge scope on communication side.
· From the present day iPhone to our orbiting GPS satellites, electronics are a big part of our modern world, continuously shaping the future and our lives.
· Also ECE graduates have good higher education prospects.
Difference between Electronics and communication engineering & Electrical and electronics engineering?
· Electrical engineering is the field of Engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism.
· Electronic engineering is an engineering discipline where nonlinear and active electrical and electronics components and devices such as electron tubes, Semiconductor devices, especially transistors diodes and integrated circuits etc are utilised to design electronic circuits, devices and systems.
· The main difference between ECE and EEE is ECE has more electronics part in it and in EEE the subjects will be mainly concentrating on Power Engineering.
· One more difference is that ECE deals with semiconductors where as EEE deals with machinery.
· But it is known that ECE is better than EEE because it's multiple opportunities in various fields. Subject wise EEE is tough than compared to ECE.
· ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING = study and utilisation / application of flow of electrons.
· ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING = study and utilisation /application of flow of charge.